Nifty opens above 8550, Sensex firm; ITC up 1%, IT stocks down. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give a missed call @ 78-7988-11-22.
- The market has opened higher supported by firm global cues. The Sensex is up 60.51 points or 0.2 percent at 27976.40, and the Nifty up 16.85 points or 0.2 percent at 8582.70. About 308 shares have advanced, 98 shares declined, and 34 shares are unchanged.
- Cipla, ITC, Bajaj Auto, Hero MotoCorp and ONGC are gainers while Dr Reddy's Labs, Infosys, TCS, BHEL and M&M are losers in the Sensex.
- Advanced Enzyme Tech IPO subscribed
89% on Day 1
The initial public offer of Advanced Enzyme Technologies was subscribed 89 percent on the first day of the 3-day bidding. The Rs 411.5-crore IPO received bids for 28,90,304 shares against the total issue size of 32,34,059, data available with the NSE till 1700 hours showed.
- British govt fund CDC to invest Rs 1,000 cr in IIFL Finance This investment makes a second coming for the UK government-owned development finance institution as the CDC Group was the first private equity investor in the IIFL Group in the late 1990s.
- Nagaland to undertake coffee plantation on 50k hectares by 2030 Secretary to Government of Nagaland, Y Kikheto Sema said the state Department of Land Resources in sync with other line departments would be taking up massive coffee plantation drive in every district as the state has been declared geographically and topographically suitable for coffee by the Coffee Board.
- Muted Q1: Nasscom says no cut in FY17 growth target of 10-12% Even as some large Indian IT companies have posted lower-than-expected June quarter numbers and issued muted sales outlook, Nasscom today said it sees no reason to cut industry's full year growth forecast of 10-12 per cent.