Sensex, Nifty open marginally higher; Bharti, Idea top gainers. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give a missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- Equity benchmarks started off Thursday's trade with marginal gains as the Sensex gained 80.69 points at 28105.02 and the Nifty rose 21 points to 8636.80.
- Bharti Airtel topped the buying list among Sensex 30 stocks, up over 2 percent after better-than-expected consolidated earnings in Q1.
- ICICI Bank, Maruti Suzuki and Adani Ports gained 1 percent each while Infosys, NTPC were losers.
- The Indian rupee opened higher by 8 paise at 67.06 per dollar versus 67.14 Wednesday.
- Asian Paints also reacted positively to better-than-expected earnings in June quarter, up nearly 2 percent.
- Results today: PNB , Eicher Motors , Syndicate Bank, Adlabs Entertainment, Blue Dart, Ceat, Dish TV, Escorts, Excel Crop Care, Shriram City Union, GSK Pharma, Gujarat Alkalis, HCC, Hexaware, Muthoot Finance, Redington, TNPL, Sintex, Somany Ceramics, Supreme Industries, Tree House