Sensex, Nifty may remain cautious; HDFC, Bajaj Auto Q1 in focus. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give a missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- Earnings to watch out today are Asian Paints, HDFC, Bajaj Auto, Bharti Airtel, YES Bank, Dabur, Torrent Pharma and Shriram Transport Finance.
- Sebi orders attachment of bank, demat a/c of Pinnacle Ventures. Markets regulator Sebi has ordered attachment of bank and demat accounts of Pinnacle Ventures India and its eight directors as part of steps to recover dues of Rs 3.85 crore. The dues include fine imposed on the firm along with interest, charges, expenses and other costs for violation of norms.
- Tesla's Musk sees 'modest' capital raise for next strategic turn. Musk's comments during a media open house at Tesla's sprawling, battery "gigafactory" outside Reno, Nevada, come at a time when the automaker is losing money and dealing with investigations into a crash that killed a driver using its Autopilot driving-assist software.
- China June industrial profits up but investment challenges grow. Profits in June rose to 616.31 billion yuan (USD 92.40 billion), the statistics bureau said on Wednesday. Profits in the mining sector fell 83.6 percent in the first half from a year earlier, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said.
- After consolidation, equity benchmarks extended losses in late trade Tuesday on profit booking, especially after June quarter earnings. The 30-share BSE Sensex was down 118.82 points at 27976.52 and the 50-share NSE Nifty dropped 45 points to 8590.65. About 1659 shares declined against 1040 advancing shares on the Bombay Stock Exchange.