The Sensex is up 199.95 points or 0.7 percent at 27344.86, and the Nifty up 57 points or 0.7 percent at 8385.35. About 996 shares have advanced, 194 shares declined, and 45 shares are unchanged. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/stock-option.php
- The market has opened on a strong note Monday with the Nifty drawing close to 8400. The 50-share index is up 52.15 points or 0.6 percent at 8380.50 and the Sensex is up 179.96 points or 0.7 percent at 27324.87. About 703 shares have advanced, 171 shares declined, and 50 shares are unchanged.
- ONGC, Tata Motors, BHEL, Dr Reddy's and Lupin are gainers while ITC is down on the Sensex.
- The company is also looking at expanding offering in the competitive instant noodles category. ITC consolidated its presence in instant noodles category with brand Yippee, post the Maggi controversy last year.
- Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net buyers of equities in March after pulling out a massive Rs 41,661 crore from the market in the previous four months (November-February).
- Cabinet note for consultation on listing of four PSU general insurance companies will be issues in the next few weeks," sources said.
ICICI Bank is of the view that branch expansion
will continue, although their nature of branches are yet to evolve.