Sensex, Nifty open in green; Axis drags, Reliance & Aurobindo up. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php &
Give Missed Call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- Reliance, Bharti Airtel, ONGC, Tata Motors and L&T are top gainers while Axis Bank, Cipla, Coal India, Infosys and Dr Reddy's Labs are losers in the Sensex.
- The market has opened in green. The Sensex is up 86.22 points or 0.3 percent at 28307.20, and the Nifty is up 24.75 points or 0.3 percent at 8768.70. About 448 shares have advanced, 90 shares declined, and 28 shares are unchanged.
- The Indian rupee opened marginally lower at 66.56 per dollar on Thursday versus 66.50 Wednesday.
- In overseas stock markets, Asian stocks rose bolstered by overnight rise in oil prices. US stocks rose yesterday on positive economic data.
- Top gainers from the Sensex pack are RIL, GAIL, ONGC, Tata Motors and HUL, all surging by 1% each. Axis Bank, Coal India, SBI, Bajaj Auto and Infosys are down 0.4%-2%.
Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL) announced
that the company has fixed 19 October 2016 as the record date for 1:1 bonus
issue. IOC has gained by 2%.