Sensex gains over 150 pts, Nifty above 8650; Maruti up 3%. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php &
Give Missed Call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The market has opened on strong note Monday. The Sensex is up 155.79 points or 0.6 percent at 28021.75 and the Nifty is up 55 points or 0.6 percent at 8666.15.
- Maruti, Adani Ports, Eicher Motors, Tata Motors are gainers while ONGC, Wipro, Infosys, GAUL and PowerGrid are losers in the NSE.
- Will RBI press the pause button on Tuesday? For the first time in its history, the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) monetary policy will be decided by a six-member committee and not by the governor alone. However, the data points that the committee will be looking at would be no different.
- Biocon: Scope for long-term gains. There is little doubt about the strength of the company's biosimilar portfolio but upsides are a couple of years away. The Biocon stock has more than doubled over the past year, with a third of the gains coming over three months. The benchmark Sensex, on the other hand, has gained only 6.3 per cent in the past year.
- Highest-ever Apr to Sept divestment proceeds at Rs 21K cr. Proceeds so far for April-September are already at 37 per cent of the combined target and 58 per cent of the minority stake sale and buyback target.