Nifty starts October series above 8600; Sensex, Midcap volatile. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & Give missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The market started off the first day of October series on a positive note, rebounding sharply after previous day's sharp sell-off.
- The 50-share NSE Nifty reclaimed 8600 level, rising 10.95 points to 8602.20. The 30-share BSE Sensex was up 39.84 points at 27867.37. GAIL, Wipro, Infosys, Sun Pharma and BHEL are top gainers while Adani Ports, Dr Reddy's, Cipla, Coal India and ICICI Bank are losers in the Sensex.
- Technology and oil stocks saw short covering whereas select banks and FMCG stocks remained under pressure.
- Markets volatile in early trades; global markets weak. Broader markets are outperforming the benchmark indices- BSE Midcap and Smallcap indices are up over 0.5%.
- China factories limp along, Japan inflation goes backwards. Friday's unflattering figures bookmarked a week in which the IMF warned it would likely downgrade forecasts for the US economy, and the World Trade Organization slashed its outlook for global trade flows.