Nifty hits 8800 on F&O expiry day, Sensex up over 100pts. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The Sensex is up 144.05 points or 0.5 percent at 28436.86, and the Nifty up 45.65 points or 0.5 percent at 8790.80. About 393 shares have advanced, 51 shares declined, and 36 shares are unchanged.
- Bajaj Auto, ONGC, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank and Maruti are top gainers in the Sensex.
- Asian stocks gained. MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan was up 0.6 percent.
- Investors are keenly awaiting for the expiry of the September F&O series due today.
- Sebi allows options trading on commodity exchanges. With an aim to deepen the commodity derivatives markets and enhancing liquidity, markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) on Wednesday allowed options trading on commodity bourses.