Sensex tanks 500 pts, Nifty sheds 160 pts on global weakness. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- Equity benchmarks started off the week with sharp cut, tracking steep fall in global peers. The Sensex was down 522.91 points or 1.82 percent at 28274.34 and the Nifty down 160.25 points or 1.81 percent at 8706.45.
- The Indian rupee slipped in the early trade on Monday. It has opned lower by 20 paise at 66.88 per dollar versus 66.68 Friday.
- Capital Small Finance Bank selects Intellect to power its digital transformation program. Capital Small Finance has selected Intellect Design Arena as its technology partner to drive its Digital Technology transformation program.
- Infosys, Delta Corp, Balkrishna Industries, ICRA, Tech Mahindra and Redington are among the gainers, whereas ICICI Bank, Tata Motors, Axis Bank, Tata Steel and M&M are losing sheen on BSE.
- Asian markets opened lower on Monday. Shanghai Composite and Nikkei 225 slippeed over 1.5% each, while Hang Seng tumbled 2.5%.
- The INDIA VIX is up 8.73% at 14.3850. Out of 1,848 stocks traded on the NSE, 1,134 declined, 170 advanced and 364 remained unchanged today.