Sensex, Nifty open flat; Jubilant Food down 7%, BHEL gainer. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- Dr Reddy's Labs, M&M, ONGC, BHEL and Maruti Suzuki are top gainers while NTPC, Wipro, HDFC, ICICI Bank and Infosys are losers. Jubilant FoodWorks is down 7 percent.
- The market has opened in red territory as investors are nervously waiting for the outcome of Federal Reserve and Bank of Japan policy meetings. The Sensex is down 33.05 points or 0.1 percent at 28601.45. The Nifty is down 9.10 points or 0.1 percebt at 8799.30. About 532 shares have advanced, 281 shares declined, and 58 shares are unchanged.
- Government starts search for new Sebi chief. Five months before the tenure of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) Chairman UK Sinha concludes, the central government has begun the search for a new chief. Sinha was given a one-year extension as the government was unable to find a suitable replacement for the position.
- Jubilant FoodWorks falls 7% on CEO Ajay Kaul's exit. Shares of Jubilant FoodWorks slumped 7 percent intraday on Tuesday. Its CEO and whole-time Director Ajay Kaul has resigned after the Domino's Pizza and Dunkin' Donuts owner posted its worst quarterly performance in April-June since its listing.
- Asian Paints rejigs shareholding in Berger International. Asian Paints' step down firm Asian Paints (International) Limited (APIL), Mauritius has transferred its entire holding of 99.18 per cent held in subsidiary Asian Paints (Lanka) to Singapore-based Berger International.