Sensex, Nifty open higher; Tata Motors & ITC up, Infosys down. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The market has opened higher with the Sensex up 86.13 points or 0.3 percent at 28509.61. The Nifty is up 21.70 points or 0.2 percent at 8796.35. About 237 shares have advanced, 93 shares declined, and 19 shares are unchanged.
- Tata Motors, Hero MotoCorp, Coal India, ITC and Dr Reddy's Labs are top gainers while BHEL, Bharti, Axis Bank, Sun Pharma and Infosys are losers in the Sensex.
- Hyundai sales grow 9.3% to 59,707 units in August. Hyundai Motor India (HMIL) today reported a 9.3 per cent increase in total sales at 59,707 units in August.
- Shares of Bharti Airtel and Idea Cellular lost up to 10% on the bourses after Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries (RIL) at the company's annual general meeting today announced the launch of Reliance Jio 4G services offering free voice calls for Jio customers and zero roaming charges across India from September 5 to December 31, 2016.
- Idea Cellular dipped 10% to Rs 83.70, its lowest level since October 30, 2012 on the BSE after the news report. The trading volumes on the counter jumped nearly seven-fold with a combined 48.93 million shares changed hands on the BSE and NSE.