Sensex, Nifty open higher; Tata Power gains, Yes Bank sinks. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- Asian Paints, HDFC, Reliance Industries, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and ITC were early gainers while Infosys, Axis Bank, Hero Motocorp, L&T and Tata Steel were under pressure.
- Tata Power gained more than a percent after its unit acquired Welspun Renewables Energy Private Ltd while Reliance Communications rose nearly 2 percent on merger with Aircel.
- ONGC Videsh signed an agreement to raise stake in Russia's Vanok oil field by 11 percent to 26 percent for about USD 930 million.
- TAL Manufacturing inaugurates Rs 100 cr aerospace facility With a manufacturing area of 96,000 sq ft and investment of over Rs 100 crore, the facility has equipment to support technologies such as fluid cell forming, extrusion stretch wrapping, and high speed machining of intricate parts along with facilities for assembly.
- Cement volumes at 22 MT in Aug; outlook to improve from Oct According to ICICI Securities, the volumes have been impacted primarily due to decline in cement growth in the north and the central regions. These regions have likely seen a decline of 5-7 per cent in August compared to same period year-ago, due to heavy rains and sand mining issues.