Sensex, Nifty open flat; L&T, Reliance, M&M early gainers. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php
Missed Call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- L&T, Reliance, M&M, Dr Reddy's and Sun Pharma are top gainers while Axis Bank, Infosys, Bharti, Tata Motors and Hero MotoCorp are losers in the Sensex.
- The market has opened flat. The Sensex is down 21.82 points at 28751.31, and the Nifty down 11.15 points at 8856.30. About 763 shares have advanced, 466 shares declined, and 88 shares are unchanged.
- DLF close to selling rental business; pare debt: Sources. Brookfield, Blackstone and GIC are the frontrunners for the deal and could also make a joint bid for the 40 percent stake in the rental business. Sources say that all bidders are in final stages of due diligence.
- RBI's 4% inflation target doable but hard to keep: Credit Suisse . Credit Suisse expects the Reserve Bank to cut rates by 25 basis points in December. However, the central bank's inflation target 4 percent looks difficult on a sustainable basis, says Asia Economist Deepali Bhargava.
- Bank of Japan's experiments at the wrong time . On Wednesday, the once-conservative Bank of Japan delivered an uncharacteristic policy surprise with its plan to target certain interest rates. I suspect that, at this stage, the bank would have been much better off sticking to something closer to its traditional caution.