Nifty opens Sept series above 8600, Sensex firm; Tata Motors up. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The 50-share NSE Nifty started off September series on a positive note, holding the 8600 level on support from banks and Tata Group stocks.
- Tata Motors was the biggest gainer, up 1.5 percent ahead of quarterly earnings later today.
- Allcargo, CCI form supply chain JV; eye Rs 1,000 cr biz by 2020 The JV called Avashya CCI Logistics, is targeting a revenue of Rs 1,000 crore by 2020 from the present Rs 450 crore, Allcargo Chairman Shashikiran Shetty said.
- See Nifty gain 18.50 points at opening: Maximus Securities According to Maximus Securities, trading of CNX Nifty futures on the Singapore stock exchange indicates that the Nifty could gain 18.50 points at the opening bell.
- Kenya Power, Toshiba sign pact to reduce distribution losses The MoU (memorandum of understanding) will guide installation, testing and evaluation of equipment that will be supplied by TTDI, on a trial basis, to improve efficiency and reduce both technical and commercial losses in the distribution network, a press statement said.
- Tata Global Beverages, Tata Trusts partner Smile Train Tata Global Beverages and Tata Trusts are together contributing USD 1 million to Smile Train, Tata Global Beverages and Tata Trusts said in a statement.