Sensex, Nifty open in green; banks rise, Cipla & ITC gainers. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give a missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The market has opened higher with support from banks. The Sensex is up 46.66 points or 0.2 percent at 28389.67, and the Nifty is up 9.70 points or 0.1 percent at 8754.05. About 277 shares have advanced, 80 shares declined, and 24 shares are unchanged.
- Wipro, Cipla, Asian Paints, ITC and Sun Pharma are top gainers while ONGC, BHEL, Adani Ports, Tata Steel and Reliance are losers in the Sensex.
- RBI processes requests of entities applying for Bharat Bill. The applications received from banks and non-banks for authorisation to operate as a BBPOU have been processed," RBI said in a release.
- Government concerned over fall in prices of some lentils
The government has fixed the minimum support price (MSP) of moong at Rs 5,225 per quintal for this year. The wholesale prices of moong dal have started declining sharply these days and at present are ruling at around Rs 5,750 per quintal.
- Motilal Oswal Fin acquires 2.45 cr shares in arm for Rs 28 cr. The company has been allotted 2,45,39,907 equity shares of AFHCL, under right issue on August 30, 2016 thereby leading to change in holding of 2.82 per cent in share capital of AHFCL," it said in a regulatory filing.
- ICICI Lombard 'selective' in providing group health insurance. Country's largest private sector non-life insurer ICICI Lombard said that it is selective in providing group health insurance as the combined ratio is on a higher side in the segment.