Nifty hits 8700, Sensex up over 100 pts; Wockhardt dives 12%. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give a missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The market has opened higher on Monday. The Nifty has opened at new 52-week high with the 50-share index up 26.95 points or 0.3 percent at 8710.10 and the Sensex is up 113.53 points or 0.4 percent at 28191.88. About 409 shares have advanced, 101 shares declined, and 37 shares are unchanged.
- Bajaj Auto, Axis Bank, Adani Ports, M&M and Maruti are top gainers while Infosys, GAIL, TCS and Bharti Airtel are losers in the Sensex. Wockhardt is down 12 percent.
- Q2 slippages may be in Rs 2,000-2,500 cr range: Andhra Bank Andhra Bank's MD & CEO Suresh Patel says large accounts particularly in the construction and iron and steel are major contributors to slippages.
- Apollo Munich eyes 2-3 bancassurance tie-ups this fiscal Enthused by the open architecture system announced by insurance regulator IRDAI, Apollo Munich Health Insurance said it is eyeing a couple of more bancassurance tie-ups in the current fiscal.
- Govt may cut gas price for producers by 20 pc in Oct Natural gas price paid to producers like state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) and Reliance Industries is likely to fall 20 per cent to USD 2.45 in October.
- Economy's financial parameters improved in April-June: Survey Banks and financial institutions witnessed improvement in financial parameters such as cost of funds, liquidity position and external financial linkages in April-June quarter, according to a survey.