Sensex up over 100 pts, Nifty opens above 8550 on GST boost. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give a missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The Sensex is up 131.39 points or 0.5 percent at 27828.90, and the Nifty up 40.55 points or 0.5 percent at 8585.40. About 707 shares have advanced, 125 shares declined, and 21 shares are unchanged.
- Tata Motors, ONGC, Hero, BHEL and Maruti are top gainers
while Lupin, Bharti Airtel, Infosys and HDFC Bank are losers in the Sensex.
The Indian rupee opened higher by 14 paise at 66.85 per dollar versus 66.99 Wednesday.
- World Economic Forum, will host its annual India Economic Summit here on October 6-7 which would be attended by over 500 business and political leaders including top policymakers and CEOs.
- BSE receives 110 investor complaints in July, fixes 103
- Leading stock exchange BSE said it received 110 complaints against 96 companies in July this year. During the period, the stock exchange resolved 103 grievances against 82 listed companies, according to a release. The resolved complaints include those brought forward from the previous period.