The market has opened in green on August Futures and Options expiry day. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The Sensex is up 74.49 points or 0.3 percebt at 28134.43 and the Nifty is up 25.45 points or 0.3 percent at 8675.75. About 562 shares have advanced, 165 shares declined, and 26 shares are unchanged.
- Cipla, Bajaj Auto, Axis Bank, Maruti and TCS are top gainers while Wipro, Infosys, BHEL, NTPC and HDFC are losers in the Sensex.
- Crude dropped to a one-week low after a government report showed that US crude inventories unexpectedly rose last week.
- Gold prices slipped to a 4-week low as investors seemed to move from the sidelines ahead of a speech by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen this weekend.
- Sebi confirms ban on 11 entities in tax evasion case. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi), via an interim order dated June 1, this year had prohibited 76 entities, including the aforesaid 11, from the securities market for suspected money laundering and tax evasion activities.