Sensex, Nifty under pressure in early trade; HPCL, NTPC fall. For more information visit www.marketmagnify.com/freetrial.php & give missed call @ 78-79-88-11-22.
- The market was marginally lower in early trade with the Sensex struggling below 28000 level amid consolidation. Investors waited for speech by the Federal Reserve Chief Janet Yellen at Jackson Hole.
- HDFC, Reliance Industries, L&T, Lupin and Sun Pharma were under pressure whereas Infosys, Asian Paints, Adani Ports, TCS and Wipro gained.
- The Indian rupee has opened higher by 7 paise at 67.12 per dollar against previous close of 67.19 a dollar.
- Sitharaman convenes meeting of industry bodies on IPR today
- The associations which would participate include CII, Ficci, PHDCCI, International Trademark Association, Laghu Udyog Bharati, Film and Television Producers Guild of India and Indian Motion Pictures' Producers Association.
- UK to strengthen trade, business relations with India
- India is the second largest investor in London and India is on the top of the list for the partnership with UK. Our relation with India is already firm and we will continue to strengthen it," he said.